Answered By: Cynthia Pittson
Last Updated: Dec 09, 2016     Views: 106

Some court records are available on Westlaw and LexisNexis.  Court Records may also be available on courts' websites and sometimes freely available online (Google the docket number of a case to find avialable court records online).

PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records) is an internet-based public access service that allows users to locate cases using the Case Locator and to obtain case and docket information from Federal appellate, district and bankruptcy courts. Users need to create an account and pay for retrieved documents.

For New York, use e-track to track a Supreme Court case. The docket usually includes links to filings. Included are active Civil Supreme Court cases from all 62 counties of New York State, cases from all currently-available Local Civil Courts and Criminal cases in Local and Superior Courts in 13 counties.

For the N.Y. Court of Appeals, Court-PASS provides free access to Court of Appeals materials for cases pending on or filed after January 1, 2013. 

Pace Law School students, faculty and staff, please contact  the reference librarians for additional assistance or submit a specific request.