Answered By: Cynthia Pittson Last Updated: Jul 26, 2017 Views: 2926
The solution might be as simple as just updating your operating system and browser to the most recent versions. According to documentation on the Westlaw website, the system requirements are as follows:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 and Adobe Flash 10.0 installed
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution (or higher) recommended
- Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 7 or later, Firefox 3.0 or later, Safari 4.0 or later or Google Chrome 7 or later
- OS 10.4 or later
- Safari 4.0 or later, Firefox 3.0 or later or Google Chrome 7 or later
Westlaw has also recommended a couple of things you can try. One is to switch browsers. The other is to delete your cookies and clear your Internet cache. The process depends on your browser:
- In IE, go to Tools > Internet Options >General > Browsing History > Delete. At this point there will be a list of things to delete. Delete Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, and History.
- In Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Privacy, then clear recent history and remove individual cookies (you’ll have the option to remove all of them).
- In Chrome, click the three lines on the upper right side of the screen, then History > clear browsing data. You can also use the shortcut ctrl h.
After you do any one of these, restart the browser and all should be well.
When all else fails, call Westlaw tech support 1-800-Westlaw (1-800-937-8529)